Abstract & Posters
To submit an abstract a successful registration as attendee is needed.
All submitted abstracts will be evaluated by an international jury – those selected will be displayed in our St.Gallen Poster Exhibition and accessible by all who access the Virtual Congress website until end of 2023.
Abstracts submitted must address the field of colorectal surgery or proctology, or a scientific methodology related to these specialties.
The best poster will be endowed with 2000.- Euro.
Abstract Submission Rules
- Abstract length must not exceed 2'500 characters, including spaces and the headers Title, Background, Methods, Results, and Conclusion. The title shall be written in upper case. The authors and affiliations do not count towards this limit.
- Submission of an abstract requires a paid registration of the first author.
- Only one abstract may be submitted per first author.
- Abstract can only be submitted via this website in clear English with spelling and grammar suitable for publication. Once received, a confirmation will be sent to the submitting author.
- The submitting author is responsible for the content of the abstract and the consent to submit on behalf of all co-authors.
- If a clinical trial is presented, its registration number must be included.
- Abstract submission deadline is September 30, 2023.
Declaration of consent to publication
- Submission of an abstract to the European Colorectal Congress (ECC) constitutes consent to publication exactly as submitted in any media (electronic, print, webcast/podcast, social media, other promotion).
- Submission of an abstract grant the Organizers of the ECC and Open Journal of Clinical and Medical Images a royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable non-exclusive license to use, reproduce, publish, translate, distribute and display the content of the abstract.
- Submission of an abstract constitutes a declaration by the submitting author that all authors have been informed and agreed on the present rules and that the authors are the sole owner or have the rights of all the information and content. In particular, the authors declare that publication of the abstract does not infringe any third-party rights including, but not limited to, intellectual property rights.
- The submitting authors is responsible for informing the other authors about the rules of submission and about the status of the abstract
- The Organizers reserve the right to remove from any presentation and publication an abstract that does not comply with the rules of submission.
Download Submission Rules and Declaration of consent to publication