Eva Angenete is professor of surgery at Sahlgrenska Academy, University of Gothenburg. She also holds a position as a consultant colorectal surgeon at Sahlgrenska University Hospital, one of the largest colorectal units in Sweden. Her research focus is colorectal and anal cancer, surgical outcome, minimally invasive surgery and patient reported outcome measures and survivorship. In the clinic she mainly works with rectal cancer, anal cancer and recurrent cancer.
Professor of Surgery
University of Barcelona
Chief of Department
General and Digestive Surgery
Bellvitge University Hospital
2015 - Head of Champalimaud Surgical Centre, Champalimaud Foundation, Lisbon, Portugal
2018 - Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons (England)
2020 - National Representative for the European Society of Coloproctology
2021 - Member of the European Surgical Association
2021 - Head of General Surgery Department - Lusíadas Health Cluster, Lisbon, Portugal
Colorectal Surgeon and Researcher in the field of Colon and Rectal Cancer, Minimally Invasive Colorectal Surgery (laparoscopy and robotics), Tumor Response to Neoadjuvant Treatment and Personalized Oncologic Therapy, with over 60 peer-reviewed publications in these areas. https://orcid.org/0000-0002-5582-0933.
Recipient of the “Pfizer Award in Fundamental Research - 2013” and “Honorable Distinction - BIAL Award in Clinical Medicine - 2020"
Miss Laura Hancock
Consultant Colorectal Surgeon and Honorary Senior Lecturer;
Manchester University NHS Foundation Trust, UK;
Chair of Education and Training, ACPGBI;
Member of the IBD Subcommittee, ACPGBI;
Member of the Editorial Advisory Board, Colorectal Disease
Colorectal Surgeon, Departement of Surgery, Academic Medical Center, University of Amsterdam
John Marks MD
Chief of Colorectal Surgery
Main Line Health System
Executive Committee National Accreditation Program for Rectal Cancer
Program Director Minimally Invasive Colorectal Surgical and Rectal Cancer Management Fellowship
Lankenau Medical Center
Dr Filip Muysoms
Born in Ghent, Belgium in 1965, graduated from the Medical School at the University of Ghent in 1990.
* Training in General surgery at the Baragwanath Hospital, Johannesburg in South Africa and at the AZ Maria Middelares Hospital in Ghent: 1990-1998.
* Training in General Thoracic Surgery at the St Antonius Hospital, Nieuwegein in The Netherlands: 1995.
* Certified Intensive Care specialist training at the University Hospital in Ghent: 1999.
* Doctor in the Biomedical Sciences: PhD thesis was successfully defended at the Ghent University in May 2015: Title: "Prevention of incisional hernias." promotor Frederik Berrevoet.
* Since May 2017 proctoring for robotic abdominal wall surgery.
Currently working in the Department of General and Abdominal Surgery at the Maria Middelares Hospital in Ghent.
Has developed a specific focus in practice and in science on abdominal wall hernias and on the adoption of robotic assisted surgery in Europe.
* Board Member and Past-President (2008-2010) of the Belgian Section for Abdominal Wall Surgery.
* First author of the "Classification of primary and incisional abdominal wall hernias" of the European Hernia Society, 2009 and of the guidelines on closure of abdominal wall incisions.
* Congress President of the 33th International Congress of the European Hernia Society in Ghent: May 2011.
* Founding president of the EuraHS, the European Registry for abdominal wall hernias: 2011.
* European Hernia Society Board Member since 2013 and currently President elect.
* Member of the Scientific committee of the European Association for Endoscopic Surgery, 2015 - 2018.
* proctor for robotic abdominal wall surgery
Docent, kirurg/Associate professor, surgeon
Institutionen för Molekylär Medicin och Kirurgi (MMK)/Department of Molecular Medicine and Surgery, Karolinska Institutet
Karolinska Universitetssjukhuset (D2:05) | 171 76 Stockholm
P. Ronan O’Connell, MD, FRCSI, FRCPS Glas (Hon) , FRCS Edin (Hon), FRCS Eng (Hon), FASA (Hon), FCSHK (Hon)
President Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland
President Elect European Surgical Association
Emeritus Professor of Surgery, University College Dublin
• Head of the Department of Medico-Surgical Proctology
Saint-Joseph Hospital, 185, rue Raymond Losserand, 75014 Paris, France.
Prof. Dr. Ruediger Proßt
Proctological Institute Stuttgart, Professor of Surgery (Medizinische Fakultät Mannheim, Ruprecht-Karls-Universität Heidelberg)
I am PhD and Consulting Surgeon at the department of surgery at Halland Hospital / Kungsbacka, Sweden. This clinic is specialized in the surgery of hernias of the abdominal wall. The focus of my scientific research is directed primarily to hernia repair and the use of absorbable meshes in this type of surgery.
Hallands sjukhus / Kungsbacka
Dr.Giulio A.Santoro was educated at the University of Naples and at the University of Siena (PhD), Italy. He is the Chief of the Tertiary Referral Pelvic Floor Center and Consultant General Surgeon and Colorectal Surgeon, I°Department of Surgery at Treviso Regional Hospital, Italy.
He was Consultant Colorectal Surgeon at Cleveland Clinic Abu Dhabi for 1 year from August 2014 to 2015. He also holds academic appointments as Professor of Gastrointestinal Surgery at University of Padua, Italy and Honorary Professor of Surgery at Shandong University, China. He is Director of the Italian School of Pelvic Floor Ultrasonography and Past-President of the Italian Society of Colorectal Surgery. He is member of the editorial board of World Journal of Gastrointestinal Surgery, Female Pelvic Medicine Reconstructive Surgery, Journal of Ultrasonography and Pelviperineology.
He is also author of more than 200 chapters and articles published on peer-review journals as well as the author of four books (Atlas of Endoanal and Endorectal Ultrasonography; Benign Anorectal Diseases; Pelvic Floor Disorders; Rectal Cancer).
He was in the faculty of more than 300 international congresses, workshops and courses. He was President of the VI° National Congress of SICCR in 2015.
Prof. Antonino Spinelli is General Secretary of the European Society of ColoProctology (ESCP), Director of the Division of Colon and Rectal Surgery and Full Professor of Surgery at Humanitas, Rozzano Milano, Italy. He is Associate Editor for several Journals. He is dedicated to the development of innovative techniques in minimally invasive colorectal surgery.
Paris Tekkis MD FRCS
Professor of Colorectal Surgery
The Royal Marsden Hospital
Chelsea & Westminster Hospital
Imperial College London
Matthias Turina, MD PhD
Section Head, Division of Colorectal Surgery and Proctology
Department of Surgery
University of Zurich Hospital